QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Monday, July 18, 2022

Unlicensed Artists

 

I know everybody is going around moping with a bucket over their heads...

And looking askance at the world.

But hey, kids, cheer up!

There's always Sunbonnet Sue to amuse us.

Prompted by Teddy Pruett who owns this quilt she calls Subhuman Sue
I thought you'd like to see how things can go awfully wrong
in the cute pattern category.

Wicked witch of the 70s

The problem seems to be unlicensed artists.

I've probably shown some of these before
but what the heck.

Feet can be problematic

And so, as we all know, can weight.





Do not try this at home. Buy a professionally drawn pattern if you MUST indulge in cuteness.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Some of these have gone terribly awry! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, thank you for sharing your textile humor. It truly made my day. San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting my day with these "crazy" Sunbonnet Sue... Always good to start the day laughing 😉😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a longarm quilter and repair lady, I've seen some doozies! A customer brought me a bunch of her grandma's Sues as well as some small 9 patch blocks she wanted made into a quilt for her daughter. All the Sues were amputees with no hands! I wondered if she gave up when she got to the hands. I sent you a photo via email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Barbara, they never fail to make me giggle - and decide never to sew a Sunbonnet Sue unless it ends up on here! My favourite was the little boy with the very puffed bottom top left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the giggle. They are so bad, they're good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing them in a new light, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks! 😆

    ReplyDelete