QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Virtual Booth Spring 2021

 

Virtual Quilt Market takes place this week starting today.
I've been working on my virtual booth.



My virtual booths were pretty lonesome in 2020
so I thought I'd get nostalgic about shopping crowds
and set up a 20th-century department store like Filene's or
Marshall Field's Bargain Basement.

I've got lots to show. New Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns
New BlockBase+
And new Moda repro collection Ladies' Legacy.

I thought I'd sell precuts and kits for the quilt on the wall there.
But yardage would be good too.
I'd need a clerk to cut.

I made the mistake of hiring Harold Lloyd from
his movie Safety Last. He did say he had experience
in the fabric department.


That was in 1923. Almost a hundred years later he still isn't good at customer relations or cutting yardage.

The whole booth turned into a virtual riot

However, some people got books
and computer programs and I did move
some precuts.

The last we saw of the cutting table clerk he was clinging to a clock over Broadway in Los Angeles.
Reminding you that time is passing and you only have till the end of the month to take advantage of a 25% off sale at Electric Quilt.

March Madness over March 31st.






 







No comments:

Post a Comment