QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Sunday, December 21, 2014

Seasonal Upcycling

Seasonal Upcycling is a decorating theme once again this year.
I've noticed several trees made of cupcake liners.


A Spoonful of Sugar Designs

There's a lot of potential here, but to make
these trees truly environmentally friendly wouldn't you have
to use used cupcake liners?

Wait a minute, that's not the point. It's clever re-purposing....

ColleensCDMR
I've found lots of trees made from sewing room stuff.

BUTTONS

Button trees by Organized Clutter


Buttons and spools by Jill Dubien

Tiny trees by The Happy Button

SPOOLS

Glittery Spools by Jim Gatling

From Ronda pAlazzari

FABRIC

Weihnachtsbaum Upcycling

And scraps too small to save.

Anthropologie

Wrap rags or yarn around a tree limb

Stephanie Gerard for Anthropologie

or whatever you've got.


Saving neckties for a necktie quilt?

Me---I have spent days shopping for a vintage
aluminum tree for the new modern living room.
I finally found one.
This is as far as I've gotten.
I'm mesmerized by its shininess.

8 comments:

  1. I do love seeing all the different trees with repurposed items. I was thinking it would be fun to dig through my craft supplies and things around the house and see if I could come up with something new and creative.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I made one of those wool feather trees with the legs of some green wool pants. Trying to think of something equally woolie to use for a tree topper.. or maybe one of those tube pasta angels the kids used to make in school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had one of those shiny silver tree when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so envious of my cousin's who had an aluminum tree with pink satin balls (circa 1960). I can't wait to see what you put on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - I especially like the tiny trees and the neck ties. Merry Christmas from Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea.All are super cool.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete