QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hand Quilting Demonstration in Paducah


The National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky, often features a top on a frame in the lobby. 

Volunteers give hand quilting demonstrations to visitors.
Here's Virginia, a member of the Yo-Yo Club of Paducah, showing how to do it.
I recognize some of my Lately Arrived From London prints in this
photo.



Volunteers also donate tops to be quilted there. The finished
quilts then go to raise funds for the museum.



Bettina Havig has recently shipped off a top to be put in the frame.
 She's alternated two nine-patch blocks on point.

And framed it with a strip border that makes the blocks
seem to float above the border.

I recognize several prints from my Moda Morris Workshop line several years ago. 
She's contrasted the oranges and olives
with a plain white neutral.


The Morris Workshop is out of print.

Those past William Morris lines are hard to find. The
fabric goes fast, so I am taking this opportunity to tell you
to buy my latest Morris collection:
Best of Morris from Moda.

A subtle marketing suggestion!!!!


Pre-cuts are in shops now. Yardage is scheduled to
be shipped in mid-February.



Read more about the National Quilt Museum in Paducah here:

5 comments:

  1. Bettina's quilts are always wonderful! Every time I pass by her house, I imagine she's hard at work on tops like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt and such a nice way to show demonstrations of quilting and to help the museum.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind shameless plugs for a fantastic product. I have a small stash of your previous Morris line. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo,hanquilting!

    I hanquilting my quilts though I have several tops waiting to be quilted.

    Merry Christmas , may your holidays be extra special this year!!

    ReplyDelete