QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Eclipse Pattern: Sunshine & Shadow

 


A Solar Eclipse on April 8th!
We need a quilt pattern to remember the occasion.

Washington Post map
Pieced design finishing to 12"

From BlockBase+

I couldn't find Sunshine and Shadow in Nancy's Chicago Tribune. My attribution may be wrong. For
my Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns I used some secondary sources, which may have been wrong. But as the pattern is rather impractical to piece it could be Nancy Cabot (I don't think she ever stitched a seam in her fictional life.)

ECLIPSE ADVICE


Remember not to look directly at the sun.
And Turn off your Solar Lights beforehand. 
(I learned that the hard way in the last eclipse.)

And from Alison Weber's Facebook page, snack suggestion:






2 comments:

  1. Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry made to Eclipse quilts: Solar Corona I and Solar Corona II. Solar Corona II is famous for being the first machine quilted quilt to win Best of Show at Paducah. Now in the collection of the National Quilt Museum, Paducah. It was also one of the 100 best quilts of the 20th Century!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few posts back I made a comment about the lack of 250 years of US Independence hoopla. Now I realized other than this post, I've not seen any quilt/needlework eclipse related patterns or projects this round. Have I missed them? Are we hoopla'd out and exhausted from the last few years of contagion, politics, and other unhappy things going on in the world?
    Love the Oreo serving suggestion!

    ReplyDelete