QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Monday, January 16, 2023

Piñata: One of a Kind?

 

Is this mid-20th-century quilt one of a kind?
I found it on Judy Howard's Facebook page where she posted several quilts in 2016. She had a shop Buckboard Quilts out of Oklahoma City ---I think she's retired now. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064662566923


When I posted it on my Facebook page Katie Wilson said it looked like a piñata and it does---in color and in the way the edges look like paper fringe.


It took some trial and error but I figured out a pattern.

Print this sheet out 8-1/2" x 11". Note the inch square for scale.
And also note I did not tell you how many pieces to cut or how
many diamonds to make. My advice. Make them till you are bored.
Make a few more. (That's how Alma used to tell us how many pieces to cut.) 
Call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment