QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, June 30, 2016

Rosenberg Quilt Collection-University of Alberta

Patriotic Quilt
Rosenberg Collection
University of Alberta


Celebrate Canada Day on July 1 with quilts from the University of Alberta in Canada. They have a spectacular collection of Canadian quilts donated by Toronto quilt dealer Gloria Rosenberg ten years ago.










Here's the database.
I went through it at 30 quilts to a page, files with photos only and there were 25 pages to peruse.

http://collections.museums.ualberta.ca/cltx/

Read an interview with Rosenberg:
http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=bf85dce7-de31-4042-b339-7f404a8070a9

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks! I'll head over there soon. Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I wonder if there is a book. Probably not when they can just go online. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. I wonder if there is a book. Probably not when they can just go online. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally found the collection....three different tries... and it is lovely as is.... but after dozens of Amish quilts I was wondering what the quilting looked like? And the whole cloth quilts are truly about quilting. Hopefully the technology will soon be able to show quilting. Too, a comment of the collector as to why she has this or that quilt would add a human element.... There are 677 quilts donated. They picked a department that would involve research beyond "quilts" - "fiber". In another ten years it would be great to see how it has been used.

    From my comments you know I don't do history - quilt or otherwise as this database I am sure is a researchers dream. Thank You for pointing us to this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link to the interview did not work for me.....

    ReplyDelete