QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Postcards From Abroad


Roseanne and I recently went to England and France.
Here we are at the Tate Modern eating lunch.

I had several travel goals...one was to follow in Jane Austen's
footsteps to Bath.

Another was to see some Arts & Crafts and modern
decorative arts at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
The lunch room has William Morris trays.

A fabulous Margaret and Charles Mackintosh piece.


We went to a lot of art museums. I liked the Tate Modern's Ellsworth Kelly
collage (Gironde), which looked quite familiar. He cut up painted paper
to make it in 1941.

I took 500 pictures of which about 100 are usable. Be prepared
to sit through more postcards from my vacation later.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to photos from Victoria and Albert Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the Austen photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip you must have had and I can't wait to see more photos of your trip.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you seem to know not EVERY picture you took is blog worthy, I am ready to sit through the resulting "show".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be delighted to see ALL your photos of your trip and find it VERY agreeable.

    I was in England in May with my sister. We made a bit of a Jane Austen pilgrimage, visiting Chawton, Steventon, Winchester and, of course, Bath.

    We also spent a day at the V&A and had a lovely lunch with William Morris trays too. Looking forward to seeing your captures and favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. I hope you can include some in the Jane Austen family album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many pictures would be great! I hate it when someone goes away on a terrific trip and doesn't share.

    ReplyDelete