QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ladies' Album Yardage Shipped!

Becky Brown
Block 1: Portsmouth Star for Threads of Memory.


I hear the yardage for my latest reproduction collection for Moda has been shipped and should be in your shop momentarily. 


The precut packages for Ladies' Album have been out for a few weeks. Now you can buy those yards and yards for borders, sashing and any other ideas you might have.

The best way to show off this collection of late-19th-century reproduction prints is to show you Becky Brown's blocks, the models for our Threads of Memory Block of the Month. 

Becky Brown
Block 2: Mercer County Star for Threads of Memory.

I designed the star blocks on the theme of the underground railroad and she's stitching this version Ladies' Album prints. She loves to fussy cut with terrific results.

Becky Brown
Block 3: New Garden Star for Threads of Memory.

"New Garden Star" was just posted today Saturday, March 29, 2014. Check out the blog with the free pattern here:


I like to design a fabric label for the back of your quilt so here's a free printable label for your quilt made with my Ladies' Album collection. 



Click on the picture. Save it as a JPG or a Word file. Print it on treated cotton. I left you plenty of space to write under the 19th-century flourish. I planned it to be 5" square.

6 comments:

  1. I love the fabric line.. colors are beautiful. Love the patterns and thanks for the label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAA is beautiful - I immediately ordered a precut so I could see all the prints - now I am ready to order yardage of my favorites!It is one of my favorite lines - Thank you for the label also! And anxiously awaiting Jane Austen QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are striking and the fabrics are very pretty. Thank you for the free label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh...luscious paisley and crewel like prints....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jwedam@comcast.netApril 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM

    It's been awhile since I bought any reproduction fabric. That drought has now come to an end. This is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete