QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT

QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT By Quilt Historian Barbara Brackman Above: Moda's Baltimore Blues

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Colonial Lady: Wardrobe & Other Malfunctions

Possibly the most anatomically incorrect
Colonial Lady ever.

Or....a bad wardrobe malfunction

There are many standard versions of this Southern Belle or
Colonial Lady.





 and there's a lot of room for variety
in individual interpretations,







I always say avoid fingers...




And faces




And those strapless tube tops.

See more about the Colonial Lady here:

10 comments:

kristie said...

I laughed at this post...poor lady!

El Desván de la Gata Perezosa said...

nice post, I will make a bag for bread, I would like be part of the small family of my blog, great day from spain.

Robin said...

This is the funniest post ever. If I had had liquid in my mouth - it would have been all over the computer screen. Too funny!!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Hilarious--thanks for the chuckle!

beth said...

Oh dear, that poor lady! What a funny post. And yes, fingers and faces are trouble!

Sanae said...

I love your Colonial Lady/Sue series!

~Kris~ said...

Looks like her Spanx were riding a little high. What a great post. So funny and lots of great memories of these quilts from my girlhood.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning! :-)

gi quilt said...

Guess she could not decide which blouse went with the skirt.

Alma Moates said...

The Southern Belle with the wardrobe malfunction is mine. I'm glad she's getting some attention! I have no clue who made it.
Alma R. Moates