QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Friday, May 29, 2015

Morris Patchwork: Simple shapes and not so simple

Bordered Diamonds by Gert at Real Men Stitch
A very nice use of the Best of Morris prints.


It's a Kaffe Fassett & Liza Lucy pattern, 
perfect for showing off a collection of fabrics.


Watch how Gert's progressing at his blog:
https://realmenstitch.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/voortgang-william-morris-en-schaapjesquilt/

The pattern's in Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts


Hexies in Morris prints....

Just William by Theresa Hills

http://holdingmummyshand.blogspot.com/2010/08/festival-of-quilts-round-up.html


Rectangles or strips...
The Morris Apprentice Cobblestone Quilt Kit from 
Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe & Mercantile.

They mixed Morris and batiks. The kit's probably sold
out but the combination is worth noting.

Simple shape, complex cutting. 

Avalon Bloom does the cutting for you. See their Kaleidoscope kits here:

Morris Magic, pattern by Michele Hill from William Morris in Applique

Michele Hill's applique design is is being kitted up in Best of Morris fabric at the New Zealand quilt shop Cottage Flair.

Below some other projects I found online 
using my various Morris reproduction prints.

Bill's Baskets by Nancy Near Philadelphia


Flying Geese Scrap by Pat Baldwin

I see William in the plain strips.

From First Light Designs by Dawn White

William Morris Jelly Roll
from Jenny Carter Goodge's Pinterest page

Pillow from SJSStudio on Etsy


A Voysey print purse on Etsy from FeltMoon
Here's a dress in another Voysey print from
Morris Modernized, CFA Voysey

And a Morris print version.

Dresses from Rhiannon Alexander at Vintage Style Me
http://vintagestyle.me/collections/the-forest-collection-1


4 comments:

  1. Dear Barbara, thank you very much for showing my work in progress here on your blog (my blog is Real Men Stitch) I really love the William Morris prints and I think my quilt will look great once it's finished. I will keep you posted about the progress of my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love the William Morris prints, thanks Barbara for sharing them with us and to make it possible for us to obtain them as well. And Gert great to see your work on Barbara's blog, so well deserved. gr. Carin Wijnand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those diamonds and fabrics are an eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see one of my blocks on your blog post! (I'm firstlightdesigns.com) I just bought a piece from your Union Blues line to add to my stash for this quilt in progress.

    ReplyDelete