I have been Photoshopping throughout the long winter, thinking about the May Morris vase in a post a few weeks ago.
What if you cut the stripes from this Daffodil Morris print
from the Morris Tapestry line I did for Moda?
And appliqued the vase as one piece.
And found some other flowers from say this Morris Apprentice line?
You'd have to consider the scale of the various flowers
And then there are plenty of leaves to add.
Most of the Morris collections we've done at Moda
go together across lines. We tend to stick to the same sage greens and indigo blues,
madder oranges etc.
You could do a cut-out-chintz (Broderie Perse) applique combined with embroidery.
You'd probably want to stick with the same color backgrounds for the flowers and for the block background. A white background wouldn't really work because most of the Morris reproductions have dark grounds. Appliqueing a flower with a dark ground to a light background is a lot more work.
I'd make the background dark, matching the florals.
I've got some new Cross Weave Wovens from Moda that are substantial enough to make a background.
Click here to see the colors:
More later---probably much later.