QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Post Card Backs & Quilt Labels

Do you send fabric postcards?
 
 
Fabric Postcard
4" x 6"
Dots are always good
 
One year Deb Rowden and I sent one to each of 75 friends from a quilt retreat. We had a great time and we made a lot of fronts and a lot of backs.
 
Dots of all kinds
We experimented with all the stitches on our machines and a variety of ideas---good and bad.
 
 
 
I made myself some postcard backs to print on my desk top printer. I have quite a collection of old postcards so I scanned some and found others online. I came up with nine different backs from antique postcards.
 
When I saw what Spoonflower.com can do with fabric I realized I would be smart to have them print my postcard backs by the yard. So I uploaded the artwork.
 
 
Here is what a fat quarter of my POSTCARD_BACKS VINTAGE fabric looks like. The 4 x 6 inch backs fit nicely in a fat quarter---you get 15 backs to cut up, nine different designs.

 
I had to to turn them sideways to fit them efficiently in a fat quarter---but you get the picture. You can buy my vintage postcard back yardage from Spoonflower. Here's the link to this fabric:
 
  

 
A label with an arts and crafts border
 
 
I've also uploaded yardage with quilt labels to Spoonflower.com---more later. And I did some Votes for Women prints too.
 
 
 
 
 See the
 
 box on the left. Click on that to see my Material Culture shop with a few designs.
 

2 comments:

  1. Will you be doing some fabric with postcard sized versions of your saints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice to put them on fabric, like that. I have printable fabric, but it is a bit stiff, though it might be perfect for cards. A friend sent me some pre-made card backs, so now I need to try some.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete