QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Labels from Spoonflower

 
 
 
I've been printing fancy labels for my quilts by finding copyright free imagery with a space in it. (Anything before 1920 would be copyright free.)
 

 
Old postcards and greeting cards are a great source. 
 
I'm good enough at Photoshop that I can erase the original words and leave a blank space for writing. I love the old arts and crafts look like in this poppy graphic. Instead of printing these on my desktop printer I am sending them to Spoonflower.com and having them print them.

I made yardage with 15 different labels, some arts and crafts, some old fashioned clip art.

And some just silly.
 
Here is a fat quarter of the LabelArt yardage.
Each label is 4" x 6"
 

You can buy the yardage at my Spoonflower shop. Click here:
 
Fuzzy photo of label
 
Linda made some yardage with repeat labels for our guild donation quilts to local charity. She added type to a graphic, did a layout with many of these per yard and added it to her Spoonflower design studio. After it arrived in the mail she backed it with an iron-on adhesive and cut them with a pinking rotary cutter blade.
 
We have a stack of labels to iron onto our donation quilts. And she can print another yard of it when we need it. This is a great way to get high quality fabric labels.
See what Linda has been doing with the precuts from my precuts here:

She says she'd get something done if she wasn't so distracted by scraps.
 

5 comments:

  1. I got the newest photoshop upgrade, but haven't had time to play with the new features. Love being able to erase things from a scene and have it rebuild the photo.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done labels kinda like that for our church group's donations to QOV and HOB. Use the same eagle with flag but wording is a tad different. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done labels kinda like that for our church group's donations to QOV and HOB. Use the same eagle with flag but wording is a tad different. I love them!

    ReplyDelete