QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cheddar Cheese and Crackers


Detail of Lori's old "Cheddar Cheese and Crackers."

The pattern was published in the early 20th century in Comfort magazine as Irish Chain.



Lori at the blog Humble Quilts drafted a doll quilt, a copy of an antique she called "Cheddar Cheese and Crackers." She invited web friends to make one and then posted a set of links to all the participants' quilts. It's a great reproduction and a clever way to network using a system called MckLinky.

Click here to see the results:
http://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2010/02/add-your-cheddar-cheese-cracker-quilt.html

5 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that it is an Irish chain but not in the traditional sense of color placement.
    I think we all had a great time making our little version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my version of this quilt I used mostly your Civil War Homefront fabrics. I have almost finished piecing the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam
    Send a photo. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I just posted a photo of my finished quilt top on my blog. The post is here http://yellowrosequilts.blogspot.com/2010/02/cheddar-cheese-and-crackers-top.html

    ReplyDelete