QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, June 4, 2020

Past Perfect: Dawn Heese


This month's Past Perfect quilt designer inspiring traditional quiltmaking is Dawn Heese.

She has a new book  from the French publisher
QuiltMania

Flowering Folk Art


This is Dawn's seventh book and she has also done many stand-alone patterns, BOM's etc. all inspired by antique quilts.  

"I am a big history buff and I love the quilts from the 1800’s. I don’t make reproduction quilts but there is generally an element of an antique design in each. The quilts in this book are all designs that are easily recognized as 19th century designs, but each has my own unique twist." 



She uses a variety of techniques with cotton and wool. Alice Rose is wool appliqued to a cotton shirting print from her Common Thread collection last year. The applique is an unusual mid-19th-century design.

Two prints from Common Threads




Pathways

Vermilion

Laidley

Peppermint

Laurel

She runs her business Linen Closet Designs from her home in Missouri.

Blessings

Sunnyside

I could go on but you can see her work for yourself at her online sites:


6 comments:

  1. Lovely work. However, “Fig leaf and Flowers“ in process is actually being made by Dawn Cook Ronningen. She has many wonderful patterns reproduced from from her collection which can be found on her blog collectorwithaneedle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for the mention - I’m Dawn Cook Ronningen (Collector With A Needle) my newest pattern is Fig Leaf and Flowers.
    My book is, “Antique American Needlework Tools”
    We met at AQSG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang sorry Dawn C R. I can't keep you two Dawns straight. Both do such nice work. I'll fix it.
    You'll get your own post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn Heese has visited our guild in the past and she is wonderful. Very inspiring and her trunk show is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call! Love Dawn's work. Both Dawn's actually. I do look forward to one with Dawn C R as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete