QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, June 22, 2017

Morris Hexathon Label and Paper Patterns

The blogger at SewLittleToSay
has finished her Morris Hexathon quilt from last year.

On the design wall

She used the classic palette of color
complements red and green, but toned down and lightened up.

Morris Hexathon
SewLittletoSay

And set it with long hexagons of black plain cotton.
It's quilted and bound.

A 19th-century silk quilt from Averil Colby's collection
now at the Quilt Museum in York, England

See a post on sets with long hexagons here:


I realized I had forgotten to make a label so here it is. I designed it for a 5" square box but you can print it any size.

To Print:

Create a word file or a new empty JPG file.
Click on the image above.
Right click on it and save it to your file.
Print that file onto pre-treated fabric.

I added the Morris Hexathon patterns to my Etsy shop so you can buy the whole set of 28 pages. 
Here's a link to a PDF you can download and print yourself.




Or I will print them for you and send them to you by mail (U.S. only)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/524197072/morris-hexathon-historical-hexagon-quilt?ref=shop_home_active_2

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are quite old. It was nice to find them. Have you seen my halloween essay before? Check it out.

    ReplyDelete