QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, May 26, 2016

Baltimore Blues: Moda Reproduction Prints



Quick. What's your favorite color?

Baltimore blue.

A few mid-19th century quilts....




The dye was Prussian blue.

Patterson Park (#8342-12) in Harbor Blue
from Baltimore Blues

The shades were vivid sky blue to deep navy.

Blues we're calling Harbor Blue in my next reproduction collection
for Moda.

We're working on Baltimore Blues for fall fabrics. Shop owners ordered at market and sales reps will be showing these this week.

The prints also come in a buff shade: Talbot Tan
and Sassafras Brown

River Green

And Marble for contrast.

More---much more later

See a splash here:
http://www.modafabrics.com/fcc_baltimore-blues.pdf

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics coming my way!!!! Thank you! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow, no blue... ahhhhhh over I go! These are beautiful. Can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get these, sigh! Greens too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been buying much fabric but I'm afraid this whole line is going to be a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And csn you tell us something about those quilts? I like them all, but am particularly curious about the pale one with the 64 small Mariners Compass variation block and China border. Wow, I would love to see that one in person

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep--I'm going to need a bundle, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY excited about the Baltimore Blues collection!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those blues!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those quilts look to be mid-19th century quilts. I found them floating around on the web. If I knew anything I'd put it in the caption.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmmm, purdy. I can visualize the blue basket weave print in a grape basket block with cinnamon pink as an accent. or perhaps an orange-red. hmmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete