QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stars in a Time Warp

A few of Bettina Havig's model blocks for the QuiltAlong.

Speediedie's Overdyed green repro

Over at the Stars in a Time Warp QuiltAlong we've been making a stack of stars. Readers are finding some great approximations of that overdyed green so prone to fading in mid-19th-century quilts.

S.F.'s Overdyed green

You can watch their progress on the Flickr page:

And see some posts on their own blogs:

Cynthia at Wabisabi Quilts
Turkey red and toile

Chrome orange prints and plains

Lori at Humble Quilts
Prussian blues

Wendy at the Constant Quilter
Chrome orange prints and solids.


Cyndi at Busy Thimble
Turkey reds and Prussian blues

Over-dyed green calico
Glad I Quilts


Deb started late but has caught up.

Barbara Schaffer
One chrome orange print in her stash and making the most of it.

Jeanne at Spiral
Shirtings

We're trying to use the prints like 19th-century quiltmakers did. This authentic look may be unsettling today but Jeanne's really captured the old aesthetic. Sharon's got it too.

GoFoSharon's Madder block

"I was afraid it might be too much but then I just decided to go for it . I 'm glad I did."

6 comments:

  1. Fun to see so many stars! What a fun sew along

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - I was just using up shirting scraps and I let the points fall where they may! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love seeing all the different stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love seeing all these stars! Wish I could claim that pretty Turkey red and toile, but alas it is not mine! Really enjoying this quilt along tremendously Barbara! ~Cynthia in MA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including my stars and link to my blog in your post! I am having a lot of fun with the Quilt Along and love see all the different fabrics and stars. Great inspiration! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete