QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Monday, September 6, 2010

Time to Start Thinking About Snow

Hughey Gold, about 1915 from the Library of Congress

It's Football Season in my town.

Sarah in the marching band
We can hear the band practicing from the porch.



And this leads us to snow and snowglobes.

I've made several snowglobe quilts. I've done Christmas and Hannukah
I found a Hannukah print and attached white beads for the snow.


The pattern's in my book Sew Into Sports: Quilt for the Fans in Your Life.


It's a matter of finding the right print and fussy-cutting it into circles.

Angels baseball hats in snowglobes

I could go on with my Photoshopping.


A Christmas card I made for a friend last year.

Snowglobes
Christmas
It's time to start.

I am thinking Moda's A Dickens Christmas

4 comments:

  1. Jayhawks and Royals...some favorites around here!

    So, tell me you are going tomake a globe or two for the ornament exchange:

    http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot.com/2010/08/great-holiday-ornament-exchange.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow globe pattern. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta tu blog y la idea del tapiz de bolas de nieve.......precioso. Adela, Madrid. EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen a picture of a boy wearing a leather helmet while playing football before.

    ReplyDelete