QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Sunday, April 19, 2020

My New Book Divided Hearts

Divided Hearts: A Civil War Friendship Quilt

Or should I say Our New Book as this is a group project.

Meliss Henderson Swenson
Study in Cheddar#2

A couple of years ago we stitched a Block of the Month called Antebellum Album at my Civil War Quilts blog.

The book is on its way. It's 112 pages full of  "Historical Narratives, 12 Blocks, Instruction & Inspirations."
Page featuring Pat Styring's quilt

Becky Brown, Pat Styring, Mark Lauer and Denniele Bohannon made models in their various styles. Readers went off in different directions.

Dena Brannan

Dorry Emmer

I've gathered it all together in Divided Hearts. The book includes twelve histories of women whose hearts were divided by North & South sectionalism.

Mittie Bulloch Roosevelt was born and died in New York 
but son Theodore Roosevelt recalled her as 
an unreconstructed Southerner.

It also tells the story of women's education in the pre-Civil-War years and how boarding schools encouraged friendships across the Mason-Dixon line.

Ohioan Constance Fenimore Woolson attended a New York
City school with many "Daughters of the South."


Each story is summarized in a traditional pieced
block.

Lynn Graf
The book is scheduled to appear in shops May 25th
and you can pre-order it.


Page featuring Becky Brown's top

See a preview here:

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo for Meliss! Her quilt is stunning. My favorite colors. Can't wait to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your merry band of co-creators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the publication of the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all! Can’t wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I have a block on the page of Mary Ann Todd Lincoln! I’ve yet to finalize corroboration, but it appears I am distantly related to her. My great grandmother is a Todd and we believe we have traced the line correctly. I’m looking forward to reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing it in the stores. I love reading about the Civil War and the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  7. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete