QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Outline Embroidery

I've been going through my files of embroidered designs. I don't know a thing about the sources but it's fun to look at them.

I see I have more dogs than cats.


These three from the same top.


I was looking for some that might be from the Ladies Art Company, designed
by Emma Zimmer Brockstedt but didn't find anything.

She did a lot of pillowcases.
See a post on her here:






Ruby McKim's Owl from the Birdlife Quilt




4 comments:

  1. Lovely embroideries collection;))). My Grand-mere had those "dish and spoon collections" transfers and she made a lot of kitchen towels using them...My first craft was embroidery that I learned from her...thanks for sharing your wealth....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples of embroiderys past and near.
    I love vintage embroidery on kitchen linens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALways love to chose my own pillow case from the embroidered pairs my mom had. Curious as to the source of the names in red, do you have a source for that photo? There is a county in Michigan named Berrien and also a city, Berrien Springs, in the lower western side of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these picture. I love embroidery and collect vintage dresser scarves, kitchen towels and pillowcases just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete