QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT By Quilt Historian Barbara Brackman Above: Moda's Baltimore Blues

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Maple Island and Modernism

BQ4 Quilt from Maple Island Quilts,
kitted up
in Modernism from Moda, 60" x 72"

Creations, a shop in Kerrville, Texas, has kitted the BQ4 pattern in my Modernism collection. It's a great idea.

Modernism from Moda

Maple Island sells several patterns combining line with big areas of color.
Here I've done a digital sketch of their BQ in my Modernism.
This design uses squares instead of rectangles atop the grid.

See Creations webpage here to buy a Modernism kit for BQ4 and backing:


And see the patterns at Maple Island Quilts here:

See more about Modernism here:


1 comment:

Batlanit said...

I just love this line. I have a jelly roll (and a charm pack) in Modernism so now I'm on the prowl for a great pattern using strips. Wish me luck! Suggestions are welcome.