QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT By Quilt Historian Barbara Brackman Above: Moda's Baltimore Blues

Friday, December 27, 2013

Reproduction Patterns: Start Stitching in 2014

Come September 
from Geoff's Mom's Patterns

Looking for a new project in a new season in a new year? It' either too cold to garden or too hot---depending on your hemisphere--- so it's time to start a new reproduction quilt. Here are a few commercial patterns that will keep you busy.

Southern Star from Bits & Pieces

One More Time
by Mary Elizabath Kinch and Biz Storms
From Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts


Michelle Yeo
Feathered Star and Mariner's Compass

Reminiscence by Lori Smith

Vin du Jour by Three Sisters for Moda
This is a FREE online pattern. 

Gone to Texas by Betsy Chutchian
from Gone to Texas

Moda's Collection For a Cause: Love
You can download a free pattern
but you might want to find a kit with precut pieces.

Farmer's Market by Edyta Sitar for
Laundry Basket Quilts

Edyta will always keep you busy.

The Lucy Boston Coverlet
The book:
Lucy Boston: Patchwork of the Crosses by Linda Franz

Here's a Pinterest page to give you ideas for fussy cutting

Sundial 1797
Carolyn Konig
for Carolyn's Quilting Room

I meant really busy.


WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilts and I can't wait to get back to quilting again. It seems I do not have the energy to watch a baby that I did when I was younger;)


Andrea said...

Beautiful quilt patterns - and very nice for this time of year! Re: "Come September" design, I'm reminded of how the simplest repeated shapes can be so timeless, lovely and inviting.

Denny1600 said...

Oh, you're such a bad influence! What a great collection of quilt ideas. Printing a couple out. Thanks for doing this and leading me astray . . .

desertskyquilts said...

Wonderful quilts, but exhausted me just looking at them. =) The first one is a possible, though, from all the scraps I have. Thanks for the links.

susan said...

Okay you got me! Reminiscence is in my future and Come September is a close second. So much to sew and so little time.

Rosa said...

Another stunning quilts.Wishing you an awesome New Year!!

Judymc said...

I ordered the Lucy Boston book last week. I just have to make that quilt! I've decided to hand piece it instead of EPP, though.