QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Saturday, June 22, 2013

Artichokes on the Internet

Star Quilt
by Esther at Threads on the Floor

While trolling for projects made with my Morris reproductions I found this one by Esther at Threads on the Floor. On her blog she showed this star quilt she finished last winter.
She's a long arm quilter so I am assuming she did those fantastic feathers in the corners.
I helped---well---she used my Moda prints from the Morris Apprentice reproduction collection.


She made it as a gift for her son's teacher. See the story here:

She used the Artichoke print from the Morris Apprentice for the back.
That terrific large-scale print was originally designed by Henry Dearle.
It makes a good border too.

Mary's Flowers kit from Common Threads Quilting

This kit uses the Mary's Flowers pattern from Primitive Gatherings with my Morris Apprentice line and the dark blue Artichoke for a border. See Common Threads page here: 


Steps to the Altar
from Patches & Prints

And  here's a blue and gray wedding quilt finished with a gray Artichoke print border.  
Click here and scroll down to see she got it finished in time. 


Long Tall Sally by Jeanne Zyck

Jeanne Zyck has used the Artichoke to border a tessellated pattern in which one shape repeats. It's made in strips and the pattern Long Tall Sally comes from Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.

Sort of like a Gothic trellis in a cathedral.




2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful quilts made with your fabric and I like how the designs show off the fabrics, themselves.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting to cut your Morris Apprentice fabric for a new quilt. Using a fat eighth pack of most of the line. The pattern combines Court house steps and Ohio star blocks. Will try to remember to send you a photo when its complete. I think the Artichoke one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete