QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, October 18, 2012

Morris Apprentice Purses & Bags


I love Renay Martin's bags for her Purse Strings pattern company.
I have big plans for The Morris Apprentice collection of William Morris reproduction prints, yardage that should be in shops in November. The precuts are available now.
See Renay's patterns here:





I'm just photoshopping and making plans right now.
Her Manhattan Messenger Bag is
13"h x 15"w x 4"
so it can show off the largest print.




I also like the Ella Jane in blues. Hers below. My idea above.




There are a lot of blue options in The Morris Apprentice.



Or reds and pinks?


Purse Strings Kimi Rose

These bags are beyond my photoshopping skills.
Purse Strings Dragon Flower

Easier to sew than to digitally manipulate I think.
Purse Strings Trixie.
 I'll have to try them in real life.

I've got some yardage, shipped by air from the mill.
The Morris Apprentice bolts will be in shops in November. Click here to see a PDF with all the prints and colorways:


6 comments:

  1. Wow, another beautiful fabric collection to look forward to. The designs and colors are amazing as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up the charm pack of the Morris Apprentice! I LOVE IT! I got a Metropolitan Fair at the same time. And I can't wait to cut into them! They are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shades, they match my new couch. I have always had green and reds, but with the new couch, I need to start making some slate blues and tans. I also want to try some purses, things I will try after the holidays and learn some new techniques.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be a quilt called "Ode to a New Century" featuring the Morris Apprentice fabric line in the Spring 2013 issue of Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony-we will be posting a photo here when it comes out. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these fabrics. I want to make mention that the pattern "The Morris Apprentice" (done in 3 colorways), has a slight error in the instructions. Under "LayerCake" and step 1, it states to select 30 fabrics from the layer cake. You must select 31. This is minor, but it might make a difference for those who are particular in how they want to quilt to look.

    ReplyDelete