QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Monday, April 23, 2012

Anna's Quilt

Donna DiNatale has a new book from Star Books. Anna's Quilt includes the pattern for a lovely 1930s applique design.

From an online auction

It's a pattern I had been noticing for quite a while but I didn't have any notes on the source.
Merikay Waldvogel, however, recognized it and gave her photos of the original design.


I've seen quilts made in the pattern several times for sale in online auctions and I sent a note to Donna who got to buy one.

The one Donna bought

Here's another


See a preview of Donna's book here:
The pattern reminds me that the theme for the American Quilt Study Group's 2012 Study is
Colonial Revival Quilts of the Early 20th Century. The idea is that members rework an antique like this. Their quilt study encourages members
"to replicate, either exactly, or as an interpretation, a quilt of a particular style or period. In this way, members can learn from the textile the history, techniques, and perhaps something of the person who made the original."
Click here to read more about AQSG's 2012 study:

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful quilts, reminds me of ones my grandmother had.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete